PE and School Sports Apprentice
Working Week: Daily hours to be negotiated at interview stage. Total hours per week: 37
Expected Duration: 12 Months
Weekly Wage: £166.50
Possible Start date: 02 Sept 2019
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside our PE coordinator to further raise the quality and range of sports provision in the school, improve levels of participation and excellence in pupils and work alongside teaching staff to ensure the delivery of a high quality PE curriculum.
Work under the direction of the specialist PE lead to raise the quality of sport provision across the school.
We can offer you a programme of support, delivered by a highly qualified and experienced PE coordinator, which is specific to your needs and interests.
- Provide high quality physical education and extra-curricular activity both during, before and after school
- Model the school values, provide a positive role model and inspire excellence in pupils
- Improve attitudes to PE, school sport and physical activity by initiating whole school / target group initiatives
- Develop gross motor skills with pupils, following a programme
- Lead physical activities, which encourage children to stay active at lunchtimes
- Improve competitive sport provision in the school, across the consortia of schools
- Improve links with local clubs to promote community pathways for pupils
- Contribute to staff development, within the area of PE and school sport, through lesson support, team teaching and the sharing of good practice
- Become an active member of the Healthy Schools team
- Provide administrative support to the PE Coordinator
- Support external school visits, as required
- Audit and maintain PE resources
- Attend weekly PE and School Sport Apprenticeship Programme training at Pingles Athletics Stadium and complete tasks set
- Attend relevant training provided by the educational establishment
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grading of this post
Click HERE for more information and application
St Teresa's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.