Clubs and Activities
We offer an incredible range of activities which we hope will appeal to all our children.
Please click here to see our extra curricular club timetable
Already the most popular club at St Teresa’s, the new running club have showed determination to beat their personal best each time they set foot on the field. Their hard work was rewarded by a visit by triathlete Neil Smith, whose important advice has seen our times tumble! Some children also competed in the Santa Dash at Chilwell Olympia on Sunday 29th November, where fun was had by all.
PE & School Sport Coaching
We have a dedicated PE and School Sport Specialist for 3 days a week to deliver a high quality PE, school sport and physical activity programme.
This programme features:
· High quality PE lessons covering elements of the new PE curriculum with a focus on developing pupils fundamental movement skills, athletics, competitive games and outdoor and adventurous activity
· Team teaching / mentoring staff or lead teaching
· Assessment and progress recorded on all pupils via assessment for learning and other measurements
· Delivery of lunch time activities with a focus on engaging less active pupils through the Change 4 Life Club programme
· Delivery of after school clubs in a range of sports and activities targeting different groups in school and preparing teams for competitions
· Training and deployment of young leaders
· Planning and deliver of a School Games day in school and other intra school competition such as the Pentathlon Challenge
· Production of annual data collection of pupils involvement and attitude towards PE & sport
· Complete applications for afPE and School Games Kite Marks